How To Install :
- Download the app from whichever marketplace.
- Run the launcher application found in your app drawer.
- First press the ‘Enable’ button.
- Then click the tick to the left of where it says Dynamic Keyboard to enable it. You will be warned about the security of the app. But remember, the app has no internet permissions. Thus has no way of being malicious (like a keylogger). So don’t worry!
- Click back till you get to the Dynamic Keyboard app again.
- Press the ‘Make Default’ button.
- Then press Dynamic Keyboard from a list of keyboards that pops up. You are now ready to use the keyboard from any app!
- Before you start using the app fully, press ‘Customize’ to go through all of the settings to ensure the keyboard is completely tailored to you! Some options will only be available to the paid version of the app.
- To buy the full paid version, go back and then click buy full version!
Setting Up Auto-Correct
The current auto-correct system in the app uses the built in Android OS spellchecker. You will find this in most android phones 4.0 onward.
If you aren’t experiencing auto-correct try the following things.
- Check Auto-Correct is enabled in the settings of Dynamic Keyboard found under general settings.
- Check that your Android OS spellchecker is enabled. Go to Settings/Language & Input and then be sure that spellchecker is checked!
- Click on the options button beside the spellchecker preference to choose your spellchecker which should be Google Spell Checker.
- To change the language of the autocorrect click the earth icon next to Google Spell Checker and choose your language.
Hope this Helps!
Please Note :
- When backing up the device, set the default keyboard as the stock keyboard instead of dynamic keyboard temporarily. This helps in rare cases where the backup will struggle.
- Use shift-return when you get stuck on a field (lockscreen password)
- Double tap space to finish sentence with full stop space and then caps.
- Shift-Delete deletes the last word.
- Click and hold on some keys shows the special related keys
- Shift-Return will try send the message.
- It doesn’t appear when I’m in apps ~ be sure you have enabled the keyboard and then set it as default, see help above for more details.
- If you find yourself needing to press the send key, but only the return key is available. Press shift and then the return key and this should signal to send the field. This can help in problems like if you get locked out of your device.
- If you can not enter a field with the return key, press shift then return to send it. This helps in cases of lock screen password fields not working.
- Can’t get past lock screen, press shift-return to enter.
28 thoughts on “Help”
Hello. I really like the idea of this keyboard. Most of it works fine. However the following are important issues:
-When typing phone numbers, the . Does not change in a + when holding it. Thus it is impossible to type international phone numbers.
-when going to the voice input mode and then back, the keyboard always changes to the default layout irregardless of the type of field.
-backspace only works until the word is finished. Afterwards the only way to fix a word is with select/cut.
I hope these things can be fixed.
how to set the keyboard to popping big buttons like a movie ?
Any way to have arrow keys? Sometimes I need to insert a letter or number that I missed while typing.
Tried to make an online banking deposit. when the numeric entry screen opened, there was no means of entering the “.” (US) to separate dollars from cents so I had to abort the transaction.
Update .. on a different banking site, the “.” appeared on the keyboard but in place of where the “#” key was previously located
This has been fixed in an update to be received in the next day or so. Sorry about this. Thanks
i love being able to speak a message but is there anyway 2 put punctuation in while i’m talking. Eg saying stop or comma etc
The speech recognition relies on the built in android voice recognition. Does saying point work?
Autocorrect is still not working. The setting is enabled for the keyboard and Ive checked the language settings and there is no option to set autocorrect. Please help! Galaxy s3
Certain builds on the Samsung devices don’t seem to carry the android dictionary. This is something I am looking into. 🙂 Sorry 🙁
Got a problem with the Smiley’s on the full stop button, when the selection arc appears the preview is hidden beneath my fingers, it would make more sense to put the preview above the arc rather than below it. Otherwise well done.
I will look into this. Glad you like it! 😀
Hi how can I enable auto complete and how can I switch kkeyboards from french to english nd vice versa I ned to have both keyboard plesse
This is something I hope to add to a future update 🙂
I would like the capability to switch the primary and secondary language from a combo of keys or a macro. I often have to type text that will change language in a page or even paragraph and one word in my language will get changed to something in the other language.
I am looking into this for an update 🙂
Friend of mine stuck on password lock screen since your keyboard has no “enter” button….
Hi there, try pressing shift and then the bottom right return key.
Is there any option to predict the word and also to add the word to the dictionary.
Hopefully I will look into this for a future update! 😀
Can you make that press enter in whats up send the message instead of make a line jump?
Currently you can use shift and enter which will send too! Hopefully I will add an option for this soon though.
I have encountered a minor issue, or possibly just a poor design choice. When selecting a customized color scheme, the shadows’ color doesn’t apply to every key. For example when selecting the “Holo” color, the shift, numbers, backspace, and enter keys have a green shadow, while every other key has the correct shadow. Please make it so that when selecting a shadow color, there can be an option to make it so that EVERY key will have the same color. Thank you!
Keys r very small.. n give options to customise the color of keys.
There is an option in the pro version to change the size of keys and the colours 🙂 Hope this helps!
This apps is cool what key do I use to enter a word. Thanks
Im not sure what you mean?
Bought the app but letters on keys are to small.